3/11/09

Do guys deserve us???


I lied on my bed... but I couldn't sleep... I kept thinking, running my hand through my hair slowly, biting my lower lip under my incisors raising my eyebrow and narrowing my eye lids. suddenly I felt like looking at myself in the mirror, I got up like something had struck me... I stood before the mirror wondering how I looked. I looked at my eyebrows and they were neatly done I remembered the first time I got them plucked the pain was hell, my skin was swollen and red, tears dropped out from my eyes when each strand was being pulled I swore to myself that I would never get my eyebrows done again ... it has been seven years since I swore and I got them done for more thn 85 times. I never liked doing it but I still did it... and I dunno why???

I touched my hands they felt soft as silk, not a hair follicle and its smell of the expensive moisturiser felt like heaven. My palms were as soft as the cotton I pressed my palms against my cheeks and I fell in love with my own hands. The nail polish on my fingers shined like a natural glow of the pink then I  remembered that it took me two whole hours to pick my nail polish that would compliment the colour of my skin and I applied it for four times each time I applied it and if it went a little wrong i  removed it and redid the application to make sure that it looked just perfect, glossy and smooth... 

Suddenly I stared at my face in the mirror I moved a little closer to the mirror, my face became long, my eyebrows dropped, my upper lid hid the lower one and my eyes became small.. I noticed a pimple growing right besides my nose, on the cheek I wanted some mirracle to happen and wanted it to disappear.  I applied a zap acne lotion, I jumped in pain, I felt the burning sensation it was like hell. I hated doing this but I dunno why I did it!!

I slept at night with the awful smelling facemask on my face, with the sticky, oily lotion applied on my hands and legs and the conditioner applied to my hair which was leaking on to my neck and made me feel really uncomfortable I felt like being punished for something but then I did all this to myself as if I had no choice.  I never liked doing it but I still did it... and I dunno why???

I woke up in the morning brushed my teeth flossed it and then rinsed it with a mouthwash and then checked whether they sparkled. I took bath for more than an hour changed my dress for seven times. I tied my hair with a scrunchie that completely matched my dress. I searched for the perfectly matching earrings I couldnt find them so, I changed my dress and scrunchie again 
 now I even had a matching pair of earrings and a beautiful hand bag that costed me a fortune but nothing would fit into it because it was too small and its handle was very short and uncomfortable... but, I still chose to use it and.... I dunno why!!

I applied on myself  first the after bath lotion then the moisturiser and then the sunscreen lotion and sprayed lots of hair spray in my hair to make it look just right and to make my clumsy hair manageable. I slipped my comb into my bag and then took my cell phone and then I made sure if I didnt forget anything. I stepped out of the house with the biggest smile and i drove to the restaurant in my car. I parked the car and looked at my face in the mirror and checked the density of my lipstick and I took out a lipstick from the dash board and gave my lips another coat of wax...

I sat at the usual table and waited for him he was forty seven minutes late he came and sat in front of me. He wore a shirt which was scrumbled and the pants had stains of ice cream which he ate on our last meeting. His hair was over grown and his beard was stubble his mouth stinked of the smell of cigarettes I wondered if he had taken his bath.... he looked as if he didn't care how he looked. He looked as if he had just escaped from prison.

I waited for him to look at me. He studied the menu, he placed the order while he waited for his ordered food he spoke on the phone to his friend about yesterday's cricket match. I gathered all my patience and energy and waited for his response. He did not notice my effort or my dress or my accessories. After he ate like a pig he turned to me and said ... "So, wassup huh??". I smiled, and said "Nothin, wassup with you??". He said "Me? Tonight i am going to a movie with my friends I heard its a great movie. It is starring........" suddenly he stopped ad switched his eyes to a girl behind me and said " Oh my God!! look at that girl, she is so stunningly and naturally beautiful and look at the guy she is going around with ... he looks like he had escaped from the prison.... LUCKY BAST****"

12 comments:

  1. boys are born monkeys dont expect them to take care of them selves the way u gals do :). no matter how many girls we look at and say "oh my god she looks awesome" "kya item hain baap" and what not!! deep down inside we only love you and care for you. the way your face turns red with anger when we comment/compliment other girls when you are around, that is when we like you the most. [:D] . believe me!! no other girl, i mean no other girl can take your place. you are special in ur own special way. love and peace. \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good writing skills Madam. The way you built up the context till the last 2 paragraphs is very good. I was so absorbed while reading this, that i could visualize myself in the place of the protagonist. Lagey raho, looking forward for more blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh..guys r open most of the time...they may comment other gals but they doesn't mean nothing. If they have someone in their heart ...no angel can replace that someone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should comment....One of the best blogs that i ever read.......Kudos... Mee blogs anni chala bagunayii....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably very late, but this one was good. =D
    I keep listening to almost the same complaint from one of my friends.... :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Padduu Nice Blog Raa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ur last paragraph is gud its a bit jovial...

    ReplyDelete
  8. paduuu....... i guess ur not in love.., but u feels r in love..
    its really nice one..., u hve terible writing skills........,keep on..,

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete